The Inn at St. John’s is proud to support a variety of community related causes.
As a prominent presence in the Metro Detroit hospitality and golf market, we receive a very large number of such requests. While we wish we could help every important cause, unfortunately it is not possible. We have established the following parameters to target our outreach:
- Organizations must be a 501.c.3 organization with proper documentation.
- We will not donate cash. Gift certificates only.
- Preference is given to organizations hosting events at The Inn at St. John’s or causes that are supported by businesses that we currently have relationships with.
In addition, because the requests we receive number annually in the hundreds and come from as far away as out of state, we have established guidelines to limit the type of activities that we consider supporting. The following types of requests fall outside of our guidelines and will not be considered for support:
- Requests to support individuals
- Requests from political organizations
- Requests for multiple-year commitments
- Requests that do not support the values of the Catholic Church
- Requests to support activities outside of our area of service – 10 mile radius
- Requests from third parties to raise funds for a charity
If your request falls within our guidelines, please provide the below information which will assist us in evaluating your inquiry:
We review requests on a weekly basis. Please submit your request at least four weeks prior to the date of your event to receive consideration. We wish you much success on your fundraising efforts and thank you for your inquiry.